We are looking for teachers to join our School Age program for the upcoming school year, September 2017 - June
2018. Only candidates that can commit to the entire school year will be considered.
Start Date: Training would start August 21, 2017
Hours: Before Care 6 - 9 a.m.; After Care 3 - 6:15 p.m.; candidates must be available for either before care or after care 5 days/week (Monday - Friday) or will also have the option to work both.
Description of Responsibilities:
* Teaching God's Word through stories, song and teachable moments
* Plan, implement and supervise classroom lesson plans that are consistent with the mission of JLU Child Care.
* Knowledge and compliance of all state regulations governing the operation of the center.
* Professionalism, respect and compassion for all employees, parents and children.
* Maintain confidentiality at all times.
* Communicating with parents during parent drop off and pick-up
* Cleaning the classroom and equipment throughout the day as needed
* Caring for basic needs of children including serving meals.
* Ability to remain standing for duration of shift
* Ability to lift 50 lbs regularly
* Ensuring safety of the children getting on and off the bus each day including walking with the children in all weather to and from the bus stop.
Job Requirements and Qualifications:
- HS diploma is required; CDA or AA in education preferred
- Experience related to caring for school age children, preferably in a school or childcare setting
- Desire to share God's love to children and families; experience teaching Sunday school, VBS or leading small groups is preferred
Pay & Benefits:
* $9.90/hour to start
* Performance based raises are given annually
* Retirement plans with a 3% matching benefit
* Paid time off
* Paid training
* All meals are provided to staff
* Christian fellowship