We are looking for a teacher to join our School Age program and able to make a commitment to our program at a minimum for the remainder of the 2019-20 school year. Only candidates who can commit to employment through the end of June 2020 will be considered.
Start Date: ASAP (with 40 hours of paid training)
* 20-40 hours per week, schedule will vary based on availability and center staffing needs
* Ideal candidates will be available 6 a.m. - 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. - 6:15 p.m, Monday - Friday
* Additional hours are available to candidates available to full-days when school is closed or on break, or as a subsitute in other classrooms.
* Summer care is not offered for school age children. However, staff will be given the opportunity to substitute in other classrooms throughout the summer if desired.
Description of Responsibilities:
* Teaching God's Word through stories, song and teachable moments
* Plan, implement and supervise classroom lesson plans that are consistent with the mission of JLU Child Care.
* Knowledge and compliance of all state regulations governing the operation of the center.
* Professionalism, respect and compassion for all employees, parents and children.
* Maintain confidentiality at all times.
* Communicating with parents during parent drop off and pick-up
* Cleaning the classroom and equipment throughout the day as needed
* Caring for basic needs of children including serving meals.
* Ability to remain standing for duration of shift
* Ability to lift 50 lbs regularly
* Ensuring safety of the children getting on and off the bus each day including walking with the children in all weather to and from the bus stop.
Job Requirements and Qualifications:
- HS diploma is required
- Experience related to caring for school age children
- Desire to share God's love to children and families; experience teaching Sunday school, VBS or leading small groups is preferred
Pay & Benefits:
* $11.80/hour to start
* Performance based raises are given annually
* Retirement plans with a 3% matching benefit
* Paid time off
* Paid training
* All meals are provided to staff
* Christian fellowship