We are looking for teachers to join our School Age program and able to make a commitment to our program at a minimum until June 2019. Only candidates who can commit to employment through the end of this school year will be considered.
Start Date: ASAP (with 20 hours of paid training)
* Before Care 6 a.m. - 10 a.m., Monday - Friday
* Ideal candidates may also have availability to help in the after care program some days 2 p.m. - 6:15 p.m. as well as full-days of work when school is closed or on break.
* Summer care is not offered for school age children. However, staff will be given the opportunity to substitute in other classrooms throughout the summer.
Description of Responsibilities:
* Teaching God's Word through stories, song and teachable moments
* Plan, implement and supervise classroom lesson plans that are consistent with the mission of JLU Child Care.
* Knowledge and compliance of all state regulations governing the operation of the center.
* Professionalism, respect and compassion for all employees, parents and children.
* Maintain confidentiality at all times.
* Communicating with parents during parent drop off and pick-up
* Cleaning the classroom and equipment throughout the day as needed
* Caring for basic needs of children including serving meals.
* Ability to remain standing for duration of shift
* Ability to lift 50 lbs regularly
* Ensuring safety of the children getting on and off the bus each day including walking with the children in all weather to and from the bus stop.
Job Requirements and Qualifications:
- HS diploma is required; CDA or AA in education preferred
- Experience related to caring for school age children
- Desire to share God's love to children and families; experience teaching Sunday school, VBS or leading small groups is preferred
Pay & Benefits:
* $10.75/hour to start
* Performance based raises are given annually
* Retirement plans with a 3% matching benefit
* Paid time off
* Paid training
* All meals are provided to staff
* Christian fellowship