Join a growing company! We are looking for a teacher to join our Pre-K program full-time for
the upcoming school year. The ideal candidate will be a professional educator who is energetic, creative, flexible, hardworking, and excited about the opportunity to become a long-term member
of the JLU ministry and eager to teach children about Christ's love.
Start Date: August 2017 (with 40 hours of paid training)
Hours: Regularly 35 - 40+ hours/week, Monday - Friday; hours will vary weekly depending on enrollment and center needs; ideally candidates will be available 6 a.m. - 6:15 p.m., Monday - Friday
Description of Responsibilities:
* Teaching God's Word through stories, song and teachable moments
* Plan, implement and supervise Pre-K classroom lesson plans that are consistent with the mission of JLU Child Care.
* Knowledge and compliance of all state regulations governing the operation of the center.
* Professionalism, respect and compassion for all employees, parents and children.
* Maintain confidentiality at all times.
* Communicating with parents during parent drop off and pick-up
* Cleaning the classroom and equipment throughout the day as needed
* Caring for basic needs of children including serving meals and helping with potty training
* Ability to remain standing for duration of shift
* Ability to lift 50 lbs regularly
Job Requirements and Qualifications:
- CDA or a degree in education or a related field
- Two years of experience related to caring for children in a school or childcare setting
- Desire to share God's love to children and families
Pay & Benefits:
* $10.90/hours to start if lead qualifications are met
* Performance based raises are given annually
* Retirement plans with a 3% matching benefit
* Paid time off
* Paid training
* All meals are provided to staff
* Christian fellowship
** NEW ** for the
2017-18 school year Before and After care programs will now be offered at JLU to all school age students residing within the Spencerport School District.
Spots are filling quickly.
Christian based education since 2010