We are looking for teachers to join our Pre-K program for the upcoming 2018-19 school year.
The ideal candidate will be a professional educator who is energetic, creative, flexible, hardworking, and excited about the opportunity to become a long-term member of the JLU ministry and
eager to teach children about Christ's love.
Start Date: August 2018 (with 40 hours of paid training)
Hours: Regularly 20 - 40 hours/week, Monday - Friday; hours will vary weekly depending on enrollment and center needs; ideal candidates will be available 6 a.m. - 6:15 p.m., Monday - Friday
Description of Responsibilities:
* Teaching God's Word through stories, song and teachable moments
* Plan, implement and supervise Pre-K classroom lesson plans that are consistent with the mission of JLU Child Care.
* Knowledge and compliance of all state regulations governing the operation of the center.
* Professionalism, respect and compassion for all employees, parents and children.
* Maintain confidentiality at all times.
* Communicating with parents during parent drop off and pick-up
* Cleaning the classroom and equipment throughout the day as needed
* Caring for basic needs of children including serving meals and helping with potty training
* Ability to remain standing for duration of shift
* Ability to lift 50 lbs regularly
Job Requirements and Qualifications:
- HS diploma required
- Experience related to caring for children in a school or childcare setting
- Desire to share God's love to children and families
Pay & Benefits:
* $10.50/hour to start for all assistant teachers with open availability
* $11.50/hour to start for lead teachers meeting OCFS requirements
* Performance based raises are given annually
* Retirement plans with a 3% matching benefit
* Paid time off
* Paid training
* All meals are provided to staff
* Christian fellowship