Our preschool teachers get to experience the joys of watching children learn through play and structured activities.
Start Date: ASAP (with 40 hours of paid training)
Hours: Regularly 35 - 40+ hours/week, Monday - Friday; hours will vary weekly depending on enrollment and center needs; ideally candidates will be available 6 a.m. - 6:15 p.m., Monday - Friday
* Teaching God's Word through stories, song and teachable moments
* Plan, implement and supervise preschool classroom lessons that are consistent with JLU's mission
* Knowledge and compliance of all state regulations governing the operation of the center.
* Professionalism, respect and compassion for all employees, parents and children.
* Maintain confidentiality at all times.
* Communicating with parents during parent drop off and pick-up
* Cleaning the classroom and equipment throughout the day as needed
* Caring for basic needs of children including serving meals and helping with potty training
* Ability to remain standing for duration of shift
* Ability to lift 50 lbs regularly
Job Requirements and/or Qualifications:
• HS diploma is required; CDA or AA in education preferred
• One year of experience related to caring for children, preferably in childcare
• Passion to share God's Love with children
Pay & Benefits
* $11.10/hour to start for assistant teachers
* $12.10/hour to start with lead qualifications and open availability
• Performance based raises are given annually
• Retirement with a 3% matching
• Paid time off
• Paid training
• Christian fellowship