Start Date: Immediately
Hours: Regularly 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday - Friday, but may vary based on center needs
The person holding this position will be primarily responsible for performing job duties outside of the classroom including cooking and cleaning, as well as inside the classroom acting as a teacher assistant when needed. This person will work in cooperation with the director, parents and staff to provide a loving and nurturing environment for the children in care.
Description of Responsibilities:
* Prepare breakfast, lunch and snack as outlined on the center menu for up to 120 people each day.
* Deliver meals to classrooms according to the center meal schedules.
* Develop and implement menus that meet nutritional guidelines.
* Gather and clean used dishes from classrooms at the end of each meal.
* Maintain a clean and orderly kitchen and work area at all times.
* Occasionally perform responsibilities of a teacher assistant when needed.
* Knowledge and compliance of all Health Department regulations.
* Knowledge and
compliance of all NYS daycare regulations.
* Set a Christian example for all children, their families and center staff.
Job Requirements and/or Qualifications:
* High School Diploma required; AA in culinary arts or related field preferred
* Experience cooking professionally preferred
* Serv-Safe Certification
Pay & Benefits:
* Starting pay is $12.50/hour
* Performance based raises are given annually
* Retirement plans with a 3% matching benefit
* Paid time
* Paid training
* All meals are provided to staff
* Christian fellowship
Care is offiered each day for school age students in the 20-21 school year while hybrid learning is offered in the Spencerport CSD.
Christian based education since 2010