We are looking for teachers to join our Pre-K program for a minimum of the remainder of the
current school year as well as the upcoming 2019-20 school year. The ideal candidate will be a professional educator who is energetic, creative, flexible, hardworking, and excited about the
opportunity to become a long-term member of the JLU ministry and eager to teach children about Christ's love.
Start Date: ASAP (with 40 hours of paid training)
Hours: Regularly 30 - 40 hours/week, Monday - Friday; hours will regularly be 10 a.m. - 6:15 p.m. but may vary weekly depending on enrollment and center needs; ideal candidates will be available 6 a.m. - 6:15 p.m., Monday - Friday
Description of Responsibilities:
* Teaching God's Word through stories, song and teachable moments
* Plan, implement and supervise Pre-K classroom lesson plans that are consistent with the mission of JLU Child Care.
* Knowledge and compliance of all state regulations governing the operation of the center.
* Professionalism, respect and compassion for all employees, parents and children.
* Maintain confidentiality at all times.
* Communicating with parents during parent drop off and pick-up
* Cleaning the classroom and equipment throughout the day as needed
* Caring for basic needs of children including serving meals and helping with potty training
* Ability to remain standing for duration of shift
* Ability to lift 50 lbs regularly
Job Requirements and Qualifications:
- Desire to share God's love to children and families
- HS diploma required; AA or higher preferred
- Experience related to caring for children in a school or childcare setting
Pay & Benefits:
* $12.50/hour to start for assistant teachers
* Healthcare plans offered for all full-time employees
* Raises given to all staff each September
* Performance based raises are given annually
* Retirement plans with a 3% matching benefit
* Paid time off
* Paid training
* All meals are provided to staff
* Christian fellowship
Care is offiered each day for school age students in the 20-21 school year while hybrid learning is offered in the Spencerport CSD.
Christian based education since 2010