We are looking for teachers to join our Pre-K program for a minimum of the upcoming 2021-22
school year. The ideal candidate will be a professional educator who is energetic, creative, flexible, hardworking, and excited about the opportunity to become a long-term member of the JLU
ministry and eager to teach children about Christ's love.
Start Date: Immediately (with 40 hours of paid training)
Full-time Hours: 35-40+ per week; Candidates must have minimum availability Monday - Friday 10 a.m. to 6:15 p.m.;
hours will vary slightly each week based on enrollment.
Part-time Hours: 15-25+ per week; Candidates must be available Monday - Friday, 2 p.m. to 6:15 p.m.; hours will
vary slightly each week based on enrollment.
Description of Responsibilities:
- Teaching God's Word through stories, song and teachable moments
- Plan, implement and supervise Pre-K classroom lesson plans that are consistent with the
mission of JLU Child Care.
- Knowledge and compliance of all state regulations governing the operation of the
- Professionalism, respect and compassion for all employees, parents and
- Maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Communicating with parents during parent drop off and pick-up
- Cleaning the classroom and equipment throughout the day as needed
- Caring for basic needs of children including serving meals and helping with potty
- Ability to remain standing for duration of shift
- Ability to lift 50 lbs regularly
Job Requirements and Qualifications:
- Desire to share God's love to children and families
- HS diploma required; AA or higher preferred
- Experience caring for children in a school or childcare setting
Pay & Benefits:
- $13.75/hour to start for all lead teachers
- $12.75/hour to start for all assistant teachers.
- Weekly attendance bonuses
- Performance based raises are given annually
- Retirement plans with a 3% matching benefit
- Paid time off
- Paid training
- All meals are provided to staff
- Christian fellowship