Our preschool teachers get to experience the joys of watching our students learn through play and structured activities. They enter the class ready to learn, and our teachers happily accept the challenge of guiding them through a rigorous academic curriculum while making it fun!
Start Date: Immediately (with 40 hours of paid training)
Hours: Ideal candidates will have availability Monday - Friday 6 a.m. - 6:15 p.m. as well as ocassional Saturdays 3:45 - 9:15 p.m.; The more flexible, and available, the more potential for additional hours as a substitute when needed.
Description of Responsibilities:
* Teaching God's Word through stories, song and teachable moments
* Plan, implement and supervise preschool classroom lessons that are consistent with JLU's mission
* Knowledge and compliance of all state regulations governing the operation of the center.
* Professionalism, respect and compassion for all employees, parents and children.
* Maintain confidentiality at all times.
* Communicating with parents during parent drop off and pick-up
* Cleaning the classroom and equipment throughout the day as needed
* Caring for basic needs of children including serving meals and helping with potty training
* Ability to remain standing for duration of shift
* Ability to lift 50 lbs regularly
Job Requirements and/or Qualifications:
• HS diploma required
• Experience working in childcare required
• Passion to share God's Love with children
Pay & Benefits:
* $11.80/hour to start for assistant teachers, $12.80/hour for lead teachers
• Retirement plans are offered to all employees with a 3% matching benefit
• Paid time off
• Paid training
• All meals are provided to staff
• Christian fellowship
JLU is OPEN, providing full-day care for all current & returning JLU students & families.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
We are now accepting registrations for the 2020-21 school year.
Save your spot now!
Christian based education since 2010