Join a growing ministry and have a career with purpose. We are currently looking for an teacher to join our toddler program. This
is a great entry-lever position in early childhood which can easily lead to a full-time teaching position.
Start Date: Immediately (with 40 hours of paid training)
Hours: Ideal candidates will have availabilty Monday - Friday 6 a.m. - 6:15 p.m. as well as occassional Saturdays 3:45 - 9:15 p.m.; The more flexible, and available, the more potential for additional hours as a substitute when needed.
Description of Responsibilities:
* Teaching God's Word through stories, song and teachable moments
* Plan, implement and supervise toddler classroom lessons that are consistent with JLU's mission
* Knowledge and compliance of all state regulations governing the operation of the center.
* Professionalism, respect and compassion for all employees, parents and children.
* Maintain confidentiality at all times.
* Communicating with parents during parent drop off and pick-up
* Cleaning the classroom and equipment throughout the day as needed
* Caring for basic needs of children including serving meals and helping with potty training
* Ability to remain standing for duration of shift
* Ability to lift 50 lbs regularly
Job Requirements and/or Qualifications:
* HS diploma minimum
* Experience working with infants or toddlers in a childcare setting preferred
* Passion to share God's Love with children
Pay & Benefits
* $11.80/hour to start for assistant teachers, $12.80/hour for lead teachers
* Retirement plans are offered to all employees with a 3% matching benefit
* Performance based raises are given annually
* Paid time off
* Paid training
* All meals are provided to staff
* Christian fellowship